Friday, May 1, 2009

Rehearsal Dinner

Tonight was katie & jeremy's (my brother in law) rehearsal dinner....



Katie works at a school as a teacher and the German teacher gave her a plate for her "Ghost evening" (its the day before the wedding). How I was taught was everyone (bride and groom also) broke a porcelain dish (could be plates/bowls/cups/etc).... The saying is that "Shards bring luck/happiness". The couple cleans it up together, with the significance being that although life will bring difficulties and messes to clean up, you get through it by cleaning up together. Katie and Jeremy just broke one on their own (and I don't think helped clean it up). Me and my newest sister!Troy and I looking cute!

1 comments:

TSMALL said...

I think breaking the plate is kind of like maid service... who wants to clean up if you don't have to?