Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yogies....

It was yoga class again today (every thur). Anyway since I had so many people ask questions about it I thought I would share more. So as I said before this class is FOR the babies (yogies as we call them in class). We each have little yoga mats to use (as you can see in the picture). We gently sing while "helping" our little ones do yoga. Some things we do is lay them on their backs and put their feet on the ground (and hold them down with one hand) and with the other hand lift up their butts a touch. also we do leg bent leg straigh stretches, self hug, push up positions...etc. The idea is to get "yogies" to relax and have a nice range of motion as well as interact with other little ones. We never pull on their arms and legs...we just lightly encourage certain movements. I ordered a home DVD of one of the classes...when I get that I will take pictures of the moves better for you all....

1 comments:

TSMALL said...

Looks like London is imitating the bear on the mat. Good job!