Wednesday, April 2, 2014

ITS ON Mosquitos!

Mosquitos love my hubby and kids as much as I do. Unfortunately for my family they have major reactions to the Mosquitos love nips. So this year I'm taking on the Mosquitos!!!! How?! Irate step---- plant mosquito repellent plants all over. Kids loved helping and we even got some snap dragons so the kids could make them "talk". 
Lemon grass (ugly smells great), citronella (ok looking smells ok), and marigolds (looks and smells good) apparently work as repellents. I let the lemongrass have it's own pot. I'm hoping it spreads well so I can sprawl it out more. 

The citronella and marigolds I combined so I could sit them in major line of site and by chairs. 
We ha leftover marigolds so we put them in some tins. And then te kids had snap dragons put in their little pots (going to have to move them I'm sure later).  Not pictures we re potted the aloe plants and ferns. 



0 comments: