Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lesson two-White Balance

Well lesson two was a harder one to master and I'm still not sure if I have it completely down, but I feel like I at least I have a good understanding of it. I just need more real life practice to nail it! So I decided to move to lesson three: White Balance. Here is what I learned---it really is important to set it correctly to your lighting. I also learned how to do a custom white balance for anything.

Auto White Balance (looks like the tungsten white balance is what the camera went to-which is the best pre-programed option):Daylight:
Shade:Cloudy:White Fluorescent Light:
Tungsten Light: (close to correct but my custom is closest to the color seen by my eyes in real life, it is a subtle difference that probably woudn't make much a difference with just regular pictures, but with nicer photos you would want to create your own)Custom Light (one I made using a piece of white paper! LOL):

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting!!!! You make me want to take more pics :D