Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pinterest explosion.

I have been shopping and collecting like a mad woman for items to make a few pinterest items (www.pinterest.com for those who are wondering what it is). First on my list was this  metal "wall". Its an oil drip pan that I primed and then spray painted yellow. I hung it up using those command removable strips...which just may be one of the best inventions of my life! I opted to hang it horizontal so that two kids could work on it at the same time. I painted it yesterday and today when it was dry I hung it up. London had a friend over and turns out 3 kids can play on it! It was a hit. If I was cramped for space I would use a big cookie pan. And in case your wondering what that moon thing on the light switch is....its a kidswitch. It allows london to turn the lights on and off. We have them in the toy room, his room, and all the bathrooms. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!
Next on my list was these sponge balls. You cut up sponges the long way (4 strips per sponge), then tie together 6 of those pieces. I used floss at first but found it tore through a wet sponge and was hard to tie tight. Then I tried a small elastic hair tie...worked perfect. We even busted out the pool noodles with some neighbor kids and make a wet game of baseball out of the combo.
Next one up was something a friend of mine did and liked. I love you because..... its a painted frame with scrapbook paper inside that I printed on under the glass. I use a dry erase marker so we can write whatever we like on it. Hubby agreed to get me monthly maid service...so more time for pinterest projects! :D


And for my last one of the day. A way to hide my house keys! After having to break into my house because the kids locked us out, I thought it would be best to have a key(s) outside. I remember seeing this project on pinterest for a geocache and I thought it would work perfect for my keys. I used epoxy glue to glue the rock to the medicine bottle's bottom. Then I dug a small hole in the yard and placed this on top. Its a little over bright because of the sun but as you can tell from the lower picture its now hidden well.


0 comments: